Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card
Fees & APRs
Fees and APRs will vary, always be sure to check with the card issuer.
Read through our extensive research on the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card and see if its the best credit card for you.
- Intro rates of 0%: This card offers cardholders 0% for 12 months on new purchases and it will also give you 0% for 21 months on balance transfers (must be completed within 4 months of account opening). These 0% periods are longer than what most other cards are offering.
- High balance transfer fee: Yes the 0% for 21 months on balance transfers is attractive, but the fee for that balance transfer will cost you 5% (min of $5). You’ll have to weigh the costs and see if the 21 months at 0% is worth it.
- No annual fee: The Citi Diamond Preferred card comes with no annual fee so you’ll be able to shave off some dollars every year with this perk.
- High potential APR: After your intro APR of 0% runs out, you’ll need excellent credit to get on the bottom end of this cards APR range which starts at 13.74% (V) and gets as high as 23.74 (V). If you take care of your balance in full you won’t have to worry about the APR.
- Best if used with another card: The Citi Diamond Preferred card isn’t known for it’s rewards – it is used for balance transfers. We recommend pairing this card with a rewards credit card to get the best of both worlds.
Bottom line: If you have great credit, are in need of a balance transfer credit card that provides you 0% interest for an extended period of time, this credit card is right up your alley.
Spend some time reviewing the last details on the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card.
- 0% Intro APR for 21 months on balance transfers from date of first transfer and 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases from date of account opening. After that the variable APR will be 16.74% - 26.74%, based on your creditworthiness. Balance transfers must be completed within 4 months of account opening.
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Get free access to your FICO® Score online.
- With Citi Entertainment®, get special access to purchase tickets to thousands of events, including concerts, sporting events, dining experiences and more.