Milestone® Mastercard® – Less Than Perfect Credit Considered
Fees & APRs
Fees and APRs will vary, always be sure to check with the card issuer.
Read through our extensive research on the Milestone® Mastercard® – Less Than Perfect Credit Considered and see if its the best credit card for you.
The Milestone Credit Card is an unsecured credit card for people with poor credit who want to rebuild their credit standing and borrow a bit for emergency expenses. The Milestone Card does not require a security deposit and offers a $300+ credit limit. After an annual fee of $35 to $75 the first year, Milestone Mastercard users get $225 to $265 in unsecured spending power to start with. That could make some emergency expenses a bit easier to handle, though a very high APR will apply to any balance that you carry from month to month. The Milestone Card’s annual fee can also be as high as $99 from the second year on, so you don’t want to need this card for too long.
Below, you can find more information that will be helpful in deciding whether or not to apply for the Milestone Credit Card.
Milestone Credit Card Review Highlights:
- One of the best unsecured cards for bad credit. This label should be taken with a grain of salt because no unsecured credit card for bad credit is all that good. But if you absolutely need an emergency loan, as opposed to just a higher credit score, the Milestone Gold Mastercard is one of the better options. For one thing, you can see if you’re prequalified for the Milestone Card before even submitting an application. This will help you avoid an unnecessary hard inquiry and the temporary credit score damage that comes with it if you have no shot at getting approved. Below, you can see why else the Milestone Mastercard is a top option.
- Modest fees, especially the first year. The Milestone Credit Card doesn’t charge monthly or one-time fees, which puts it in a good light relative to much of its competition. The one notable fee that the Milestone Mastercard does charge is an annual fee of $35 to $75 the first year and up to $99 each subsequent year, depending on your overall creditworthiness. Ideally, you’ll be able to graduate to a cheaper card within a year, and up to $75 definitely isn’t a terrible price to pay for a better credit score.
- Provides limited spending power. Cardholders generally start with a $300 spending limit, which is effectively reduced to between $225 and $265 by the first-year annual fee, assessed at account opening. Is that enough to satisfy your needs? If not, you may want to get a secured credit card that would reduce the cost of improving your credit score enough to qualify for a card with a higher spending limit.
- Interest isn’t terribly expensive. The Milestone Gold Card’s regular APR compares favorably to other unsecured credit cards for people with bad credit. But it’s still far higher than the 18.20% APR charged by the average secured card, according to WalletHub’s latest Credit Card Landscape Report. So you definitely don’t want to carry a balance for any longer than necessary.
Learn More About the Milestone Mastercard:
The phone number for Milestone Mastercard customer service is 866-453-2636. You can also find answers to common questions on the card’s website.
Other methods of contacting the Milestone customer service department include by fax (503-268-4711) and by mail:
Genesis FS Card Services
PO Box 4477
Beaverton, OR 97076-4477
The Milestone Credit Card is issued by The Bank of Missouri in partnership with Genesis FS Card Services.
Milestone Credit Card users can request a personal identification number (PIN) by calling Milestone Mastercard customer service at 866-453-2636. The PIN enables cardholders to use their Milestone Mastercard to withdraw cash from an ATM. This type of transaction – a cash advance – is very expensive, however, with a fee and a high APR that kicks in immediately. It should be reserved for emergencies.
There is no minimum credit score needed for Milestone Mastercard approval. All applicants must pre-qualify for the card first, however. You can easily check whether you pre-qualify online.
Your credit history, income and debt will all be important factors in whether or not you get approved for the Milestone Card. For example, one thing that will make you ineligible is if you are delinquent with any creditor in the 60 days before you apply.
Spend some time reviewing the last details on the Milestone® Mastercard® – Less Than Perfect Credit Considered.
- Max Late Fee $40
- Max Overlimit Fee $40
- Max Penalty Apr 29.9%
- Foreign Transaction Fee 1%
- Smart Chip No
- Prequalify for a card today and it will not impact your credit score
- Less than perfect credit is okay
- Mobile account access at any time
- Protection from fraud if your card is stolen
- Account history is reported to the three major credit bureaus in the U.S.
- Disclaimers: *Dependent on credit worthiness