IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card
Fees & APRs
Fees and APRs will vary, always be sure to check with the card issuer.
Dive into the geeky details and see how you reap the benefits.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening
- Earn up to 15 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Fourth Reward Night Free
- IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®
Read through our extensive research on the IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card and see if its the best credit card for you.
IHG Traveler Card Review Summary: The IHG Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card is worth considering if you regularly stay at InterContinental, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza or one of the other popular hotel brands owned by IHG but do not want to pay an annual fee in order to earn extra rewards points with an IHG credit card. In addition to a $0 annual fee, the IHG Traveler Card offers an initial bonus of 75,000 points to new cardholders who spend at least $2,000 within three months of opening an account. It also rewards users with 1 – 5 points / $1 normally. The exact earning rate depends on the purchase category. IHG reservations and purchases made at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants all generate bonus rewards.
There are tradeoffs that come with the combination of low fees and solid rewards that the IHG Traveler Card provides, however. The card’s high APR is one obvious shortcoming. Plus, the Traveler Card is not as rewarding as the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, or the best all-around travel rewards credit card offers. So it’s likely to be the best choice only for a select group of potential applicants.
Below, we’ll highlight the IHG Traveler Card’s biggest benefits, along with its biggest shortcomings, to help you decide whether or not to apply.
IHG Traveler Card Review Highlights:
- Initial Bonus: 75,000 points – New cardholders can earn this bonus by spending $2,000 within three months of opening an account. The bonus points should appear in your account 6-8 weeks after you meet the spending requirement. They are worth approximately $637 in IHG reservations, according to our calculations. The average initial bonus among current credit card offers is roughly 22,000 points/miles or around $200 cash back.
- Ongoing Rewards Rates: 1 – 5 points / $1 – The IHG Traveler Card gives 5 points per $1 spent through IHG; 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants; and 1 point per $1 spent on everything else. For context, the average rewards card gives a bit more than 1 point per $1 spent on all purchases.
- Notable Benefits: 4th reward night free – This does not mean that every fourth night you book with points is free. Rather, if you book at least four consecutive nights with points, the fourth night won’t cost you.
- Annual Fee: $0 – This is what sets the IHG Traveler Credit Card apart from the IHG Premier Card in a good way. It also means the IHG Traveler Card is about $20 per year cheaper than the average credit card offer.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: $0 – This is to be expected for a hotel credit card associated with a company that owns hotels and resorts in more than 100 countries. It also enables you to save as much as 9% on foreign currency conversion overall.
- APR: 15.99% – 22.99% (V) – Each applicant who gets approved is assigned an APR from that range, based on their overall creditworthiness. The average credit card offer currently has an APR of roughly 19%.
- Credit Requirement: Good credit or better – You can check your credit score for free on WalletHub to get a sense of your approval odds.
If you know that you want to apply for an IHG credit card but aren’t sure which to go for, you can compare the IHG Rewards Club Traveler Card vs. the IHG Rewards Club Premier Card side by side on WalletHub. Hopefully, this will help you make the right choice for your wallet.
Spend some time reviewing the last details on the IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card.
- Max Late Fee See Terms
- Max Overlimitfee See Terms
- Max Penalty Apr None
- Grace Period See Terms
- Online Response No
- Cash Advanceapr 24.99% (V)
- Cash Advancefee Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.
- Foreigntransaction Fee $0
- Smart Chip Yes, chip-and-PIN
- No Annual Fee
- No Foreign Transaction Fees