American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
Fees & APRs
Fees and APRs will vary, always be sure to check with the card issuer.
Dive into the geeky details and see how you reap the benefits.
- Earn 2% cash back on all eligible purchases on up to $50,000 per calendar year, then 1%. Cash back earned is automatically credited to your statement.
- From workflow to inventory to floor plans, your business is constantly changing. That’s why you’ve got the power to spend beyond your credit limit with Expanded Buying Power.
- Just remember, the amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to us and other factors.
- Terms Apply
Read through our extensive research on the American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card and see if its the best credit card for you.
Amex Blue Cash for Business is not without shortcomings, however. Its regular APR can be pretty high, for example, at 13.24% - 19.24% (V), depending on your creditworthiness when you apply. There’s also no initial rewards bonus. Several competing business credit cards give $500+ to new cardholders who spend a certain amount in the first few months. Plus, the Blue Business Cash Credit Card charges a 2.7% foreign transaction fee, which means it’s not the right choice for purchases that will be processed abroad.
Below, you can get the full scoop on what this card does and does not bring to the table, along with what it takes to get approved.
American Express Blue Business Cash Card Review Highlights:
- Good rewards with a limit. Blue Business Cash gives you 2% cash back on the first $50,000 in purchases per year. All other purchases earn 1% back, which is barely below the 1.07% average for a cash rewards card. So it’s best to use this particular card solely for the higher earn rate.
- No annual fee. Blue Business Cash is roughly $19.49 cheaper than the average credit card. In addition to the money this stands to save you, the lack of an annual fee makes it easier to justify getting the card just for its rewards.
- Good credit or better required. You personally (not your business) need good to excellent credit to get approved for the Blue Business Cash Credit Card from American Express. You can check your latest credit score for free on WalletHub, in addition to learning more about why your personal credit standing dictates business credit card approval.
- Average interest-free period. Blue Business Cash offers 0% for 12 months on new purchases. Reduced financing costs could save your business a lot of money, as long as you remember that the offer has a clear expiration date with a high regular APR waiting behind it.
- Far from ideal for financing normally. Business credit cards aren’t the best for carrying a balance because issuers can increase the interest rate on that balance whenever they wish. That’s not the case with general-consumer cards, however.
Spend some time reviewing the last details on the American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card.
- Max Late Fee $39
- Max Overlimitfee None
- Max Penalty Apr 29.24% (V)
- Grace Period 25 days
- Online Response Yes
- Cash Advanceapr Not Offered
- Cash Advancefee Not Offered
- Foreigntransaction Fee 2.7%
- Smart Chip Yes, chip-and-PIN
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.24% - 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
- No Annual Fee