Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Fees & APRs
Fees and APRs will vary, always be sure to check with the card issuer.
Dive into the geeky details and see how you reap the benefits.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
Read through our extensive research on the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card and see if its the best credit card for you.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card is one of the top card deals out right now. With everything that the Chase Sapphire Card has going for it, there is no reason to consider this card! If you travel and have fantastic credit, you can have great on-going travel rewards.
To qualify for the big signup bonus, you will need to use at least $4,000 in the first three months of owning this card to qualify. The enormous travel bonus is 60,000 points, which is equivalent to either a $750 travel through Chase or a $600 credit card statement credit.
For those of you who love to get into the details about the benefits cards have to offer here is the nitty gritty on this offer.
Review of the Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card:
- Cash Money: The bonus of up to $750 towards Travel through the Chase Travel Portal after spending a minimum of $4000 in the first 3 months of card ownership or 60,000 travel points or a $600 cash value against your credit card balance.
- Travel and Food: For every $1 you spend, you earn 2 points for future travel and dining out. You can earn points for just eating, which if you are like most people that’s multiple times a day! Whether you use your points for cash back or travel this card has a great return rate for you! If you prefer the cash option, you receive 2% against your statement balance. If you choose to use your travel rewards, it is 2.5% back. Spending on this card other than food or travel is 1 point for $1 spent.
- Winning with Lyft: If you use Lyft to get from here to there you will earn 5 points per $1 spent with when riding with Lyft, through March 2022. Who doesn’t love getting extra points for doing what you were going to do anyway! Getting those 3 extra points per $1 spent. That means earning up to 6.25% cash back for riding with Lyft when you pay with your Sapphire Preferred credit card.
- Annual Fee: This card comes with an annual fee of $95, but the Chase Sapphire Preferred card offers you so much more than $95 worth in cash back options, travel rewards, it should be no trouble at all for anyone to not earn $95 cash back on their card making this fee disappear by just using the card to earn cash back towards your statement balance.
- Being Average is OK with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: Why is average ok? Because an average cardholder will earn at least $1450 within a 2-year period through rewards. Covering not only the annual fee but putting some extra change in your pocket for paying down or paying off your monthly balance.
- More Food: You get fee free or discounted delivery when you use DoorDash to get your food delivered to your door. Again, if you eat, you will use this benefit! You can get a year’s subscription to the DashPass with DoorDash, you must start your subscription by 12/31/2021.
As a review, the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card is in a category of its own, and one of the top credit cards for a reason. With a big initial bonus and excellent ongoing rewards, this card definitely justifies the annual fee.
Spend some time reviewing the last details on the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Max Late Fee See Terms
- Max Overlimitfee See Terms
- Max Penalty Apr None
- Grace Period See Terms
- Online Response No
- Cash Advanceapr 24.99% (V)
- Cash Advancefee Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.
- Foreigntransaction Fee $0
- Smart Chip Yes, chip-and-signature