Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card
Fees & APRs
Fees and APRs will vary, always be sure to check with the card issuer.
Dive into the geeky details and see how you reap the benefits.
- Welcome Offer: Earn 50,000 bonus miles and a $50 statement credit after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Additionally, take $100 off your next Delta flight – after you spend $10,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you will earn a $100 Delta Flight Credit to use toward future travel.
- Earn 2 Miles on every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta, on every dollar spent on eligible U.S. purchases for advertising in select media, on every dollar spent on eligible U.S. shipping purchases, on every eligible dollar spent at restaurants. Earn 1 Mile on every eligible dollar spent on other purchases.
- Check or stow your bag with ease: First Checked Bag Free + Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
- Terms and limitations apply
Read through our extensive research on the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card and see if its the best credit card for you.
This business miles credit card is worth considering if you regularly fly Delta for business travel. The Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Credit Card is especially rewarding the first year, when its $99 annual fee is waived and cardholders have the chance to earn an initial bonus of 40,000 miles.
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card has modest ongoing rewards, however, giving 1 – 2 miles / $1 on purchases. It doesn’t offer much in the way of air travel luxuries, either. The main benefit in that regard is early boarding on Delta flights. A high APR is another valid knock against the Delta Gold Business Card. But perhaps the biggest thing working against it right now is very stiff competition from the best business rewards credit cards.
Below, you can find a quick rundown of the key things you should know if you’re thinking about applying for the Gold Delta SkyMiles Card.
Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card Review Highlights:
- Good initial bonus. The Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express currently offers 40,000 miles for spending $2,000 within three months of account opening. Such a sum will get you an average of $440 in Delta airfare, according to WalletHub research. That offer is flying at a far higher altitude than the average cards with rewards bonuses, both in terms of points/miles and cash back.
- Ongoing rewards. You will earn 2 miles per $1 spent in several purchase categories: directly with Delta, advertising, U.S. shipping and restaurants. And 1 mile per $1 spent on everything else. That equates to 1.27% to 2.54% cash back in Delta airfare, which compares favorably to the 1.07% offered by the average cash rewards card.
- $99 annual fee, starting the second year. An annual fee definitely isn’t a deal-breaker, as many of the best rewards cards have fees, which they more than make up for with extra-generous earning rates. But the fact that the Delta Gold Business Card will be five times more expensive than the average credit card from the second year on shouldn’t be overlooked, either. Starting year two, you’ll need to spend roughly $4,550 per year in bonus category purchases, or double that for other expenses, just to break even.
- No foreign-transaction fee. No-foreign-fee credit cards aren’t as rare as they once were, and there are many highly rewarding offers currently available. But it’s still good to know that you won’t face such a fee with this card if you’ve got any international business trips on the horizon. This saves you 1.44% on every purchase processed abroad relative to the average credit card.
- Definitely not the best choice for financing. The Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card doesn’t offer 0% intro rates, and its regular APR range skews higher than the averages for people with good credit and excellent credit. Besides, business credit card issuers can jack up the interest rate on a card’s balance whenever they feel like it. The same is not true of general-consumer cards, however. So if you want a card to help you save money on big-ticket company purchases, get a personal 0% credit card.
- Requires good credit or better. Your personal credit standing dictates whether you will get approved for a business credit card. And since the Gold Delta Business Card’s good-or-excellent credit requirement puts it out of reach for roughly 45% of potential applicants, it’s a good idea to check your latest credit score before submitting an application.
Spend some time reviewing the last details on the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card.
- Max Late Fee $39
- Max Overlimitfee None
- Max Penalty Apr 29.24% (V)
- Grace Period 25 days
- Online Response Yes
- Cash Advanceapr 25.24% (V)
- Cash Advancefee 3% (min $5)
- Foreigntransaction Fee 0%
- Smart Chip Yes, chip-and-PIN
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel overseas.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.