Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card
Fees & APRs
Fees and APRs will vary, always be sure to check with the card issuer.
Dive into the geeky details and see how you reap the benefits.
- Welcome Offer: Earn 60,000 bonus miles, 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs), and a $100 statement credit after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3 Miles on every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta and on every eligible dollar spent on purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 1.5 miles per dollar on single eligible purchases of $5,000 or more (that’s an extra half mile per dollar), up to 50,000 additional miles per year. 1 Mile on every eligible dollar spent on other purchases.
- With Status Boost®, earn 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year, up to 2x per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Plus, throughout 2021 earn an additional 2,500 MQMs after making $25,000 in purchases, up to 2x. That’s in addition to the 10,000 MQMs that you would earn with Status Boost.
- Status-like benefits: First Check Bag Free on Delta flights + Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
- Terms and limitations apply.
Read through our extensive research on the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card and see if its the best credit card for you.
- Limited-time initial bonus. You’ll get 45,000 miles if you spend at least $3,000 within three months of account opening. That bounty is redeemable for about $515 in Delta airfare, according to WalletHub research into the value of SkyMiles.
- Decent Delta perks. The Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card gets you a free checked bag each time you fly Delta. You also get 20% back on certain in-flight purchases, including food, alcoholic beverages and entertainment. If you’re prone to spending money on such things, these perks will certainly help you save. But since those costs probably pale in comparison to everyday spending categories such as gas and groceries, you shouldn’t overestimate the importance of these benefits.
- Ongoing rewards. You will earn 1 mile per $1 spent on most purchases made with the Platinum Delta Business Card, save for Delta purchases made directly through the airline and purchases made directly with hotels, which yield 3 miles per $1. Another exception are single eligible purchases of $5,000 or more, which yield 1.5 miles per $1. Those earning rates translate to 1.27% to 3.81% “cash” back when redeemed for Delta airfare.
- Very high annual fee. Thanks to its $250 annual fee, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card is about 13 times more expensive than the average credit card, according to WalletHub’s latest Credit Card Landscape Report. And it’s far more expensive than even cards with a similar rewards profile.
- Bad choice for financing. The Platinum Delta Business Card charges interest at an annual rate that is likely to be above the market average for someone with your credit standing, whether it’s good or excellent. For context, the average credit cards for people with good and excellent credit charge 14.08% and 20.68%, respectively. So you should only use this card for company purchases that you’ll be able to pay off entirely by the end of the month. Besides, business credit cards are generally ill-suited for financing because they don’t enjoy the same user protections as consumer cards. Most importantly, that means an issuer can increase the interest rate applicable to a business-card balance at any time, rather than having to wait until it becomes at least 60 days delinquent. And that’s why all big-ticket business spending should be put on a general-consumer 0% credit card.
- Good or excellent credit needed. Your personal credit standing is what matters most for business credit card approval, and nearly half of all potential applicants won’t be able to meet the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card’s good-credit-or-better requirement. So you might want to check your credit score for free on WalletHub before you apply.
Spend some time reviewing the last details on the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card.
- Max Late Fee $39
- Max Overlimitfee None
- Max Penalty Apr 29.24% (V)
- Grace Period 25 days
- Online Response Yes
- Cash Advanceapr 25.24% (V)
- Cash Advancefee 3% (min $5)
- Foreigntransaction Fee 0%
- Smart Chip Yes, chip-and-PIN