The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Fees & APRs
Fees and APRs will vary, always be sure to check with the card issuer.
Dive into the geeky details and see how you reap the benefits.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Terms Apply.
Read through our extensive research on the The Business Platinum Card® from American Express and see if its the best credit card for you.
For business travelers who travel frequently, want luxury perks and don’t mind paying for pleasure will find the Business Platinum Card from American Express as a solid option.
To start – many people won’t be able to get past the card’s $595 annual fee, but there are a lot of rewards and yearly credits to help offset the cost. If you spend at least $15,000 in the first three months of getting this card you will receive up to $600. Cardholders are also eligible to receive up to $400 in credits for airline fees and Dell purchases each year.
This card can be worth it for high-spending business travelers who are constantly on the go. Check out some of the important highlights on this card below.
- One of the most expensive cards: The American Express Business Platinum Card charges a hefty annual fee of $595. With a cost this high you have to make sure you’ll use this card often and take advantage of all it has to offer.
- Big travel rewards: This card offers 5 points for $1 spent on airfare and prepaid hotel reservations booked on AmexTravel.com. Business Platinum points that are redeemed for a flight with your chosen airline are worth 35% more.
- Big initial bonus: The American Express Business Platinum Card offers 75,000 points to new cardholders who spend $15,000 in the first three months.
- Unimpressive base rewards rate: This card will get you 1 point per $1 spent on most purchases – and that’s not anything to brag about. For big purchases ($5,000 or more) you will earn 1.5 points per $1.
- Lounge access: The Amex Express Business Platinum Card will give you access to the Global Lounge Collection. This will get you access to more than 1,000 airport lounges across over 120 countries. This is a nice perk for frequent travelers that could help smooth out the annual fee.
- Travel perks: You’ll be eligible for up to $200 per year in statement credits for incidental fees charged by your chosen airline. Aside from that, the Amex Business Platinum card will cover the cost of applying for TSA Precheck or Global Entry.
- Automatic Gold status: You’ll earn automatic Gold status in the Hilton and Marriot loyalty programs. This is a great perk that can go a long way if you enjoy Hilton and Marriot properties.
- Credits for U.S. Dell purchases: Amex Business Platinum gets you up to $100 in statement credits for U.S. Dell purchases twice a year. This benefit can be great for businesses.
- No financing purchases: This is a charge card, which means you’ll have to pay your bill in full every month to continue making purchases. This is common for business credit cards.
- No foreign transaction fees: Save money when you travel internationally with no foreign transaction fees.
Bottom line: This card can be great for business travelers who travel frequently, want luxury perks and don’t mind paying for pleasure.
Spend some time reviewing the last details on the The Business Platinum Card® from American Express.
- Max Late Fee $39 or 2.99% of the past due amount, whichever is greater
- Max Overlimitfee Not Applicable
- Max Penalty Apr 29.24% (V)
- Grace Period 25 days
- Online Response Yes
- Cash Advanceapr Not Applicable
- Cash Advancefee Not Applicable
- Foreigntransaction Fee 0%
- Smart Chip Yes, chip-and-PIN
- PAY OVER TIME OPTION: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
- This American Express Card has no preset spending limit, giving you purchasing power that adjusts with your use of the card. No preset spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors including spending patterns, your payment history, your credit history, and financial resources known to us.