Discover it® Cash Back
Fees & APRs
Fees and APRs will vary, always be sure to check with the card issuer.
Dive into the geeky details and see how you reap the benefits.
- INTRO OFFER: Unlimited Cashback Match – only from Discover. Discover will automatically match all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year! There’s no minimum spending or maximum rewards. You could turn $150 cash back into $300.
- Earn 5% cash back on everyday purchases at different places each quarter like Amazon.com, grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations and when you pay using PayPal, up to the quarterly maximum when you activate.
- Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - automatically.
- Redeem cash back in any amount, any time. Rewards never expire.
- Use your rewards at Amazon.com checkout.
Read through our extensive research on the Discover it® Cash Back and see if its the best credit card for you.
This is one of Discover’s most popular cards and it’s not hard to see why. The Discover it Cash Back Card will give you the ability to earn up to 5% cash back on purchases, 0% intro rates on new purchases, 0% balance transfer and no annual fee. The whole combination the card gives you is quite rare, but this card also has a couple downsides. The cash back categories that can give you 5% might not always line up with your spending habits and the balance transfer does have a fee associated with it.
Check out our deep dive into the Discover it Cash Back card below:
- 5% bonus categories offer huge savings + some hassle.The Discover it Cash Back credit card gives you 5% back on the first $1,500 you spend in designated purchase categories each quarter (not all categories). So, that 5% cash back on the first $1,500 you spend each quarter essentially means you can earn as much as $300 per year. To make it happen you have to sign up for the new bonus categories each quarter. So, in other words, it won’t just do it for you. Also keep in mind that there’s no guarantee the things you spend the most money on will qualify. For all the purchases that don’t fall under the specific category you will earn 1% cash back on.
- First-year-rewards match is it’s best feature:For a limited time, the Discover it Cash Back will double your first-year earnings. That’s a great deal, worth an extra $525 to the average person, according to our calculations. But it’s not unique, as all of Discover’s rewards cards currently have this promotion.
- No Annual Fee: There is annual fee with the Discover it Cash Back card.
- Intro APR of 0% for 14 months: A nice intro APR of 0% can be an attractive perk if you need to buy some time on big-ticket purchase.
- Healthy Credit Score: To qualify for the Discover it Cash Back card you will need to have good to excellent credit.
The bottom line: The Discover it Cash Back card gives a cash back rewards rate that is sky high, but you have to make sure those categories you earn the most points on match your spending – you don’t want to be stuck with a card that doesn’t reward your spending. If the category calendar has some familiar names, this card is ranks at the top.
Spend some time reviewing the last details on the Discover it® Cash Back.
- Max Late Fee $40
- Max Overlimitfee See Terms
- Max Penalty Apr None
- Grace Period See Terms
- Online Response Yes
- Cash Advanceapr 24.99% Variable
- Cash Advancefee Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreigntransaction Fee 0%
- Smart Chip Yes, chip-and-signature
- #1 Most Trusted Credit Card according to Investor’s Business Daily.
- No annual fee.
- Discover is accepted nationwide by 99% of the places that take credit cards.