Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
Fees & APRs
Fees and APRs will vary, always be sure to check with the card issuer.
Dive into the geeky details and see how you reap the benefits.
- Discover one of Citi’s best cash back rewards cards designed exclusively for Costco members
- 4% cash back on eligible gas for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter
- 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases
- 2% cash back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- Receive an annual credit card reward certificate, which is redeemable for cash or merchandise at U.S. Costco warehouses, including Puerto Rico
Read through our extensive research on the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi and see if its the best credit card for you.
Costco members with credit scores of 750 or higher whose most common expenses include gas, travel and dining should consider applying for the Costco Credit Card.
The Costco Visa offers up to 4% cash back at gas stations as well as 3% cash back on travel and dining, 2% back at Costco, and 1% back on everything else. With a $0 annual fee, the card itself is free to use, though Costco membership will run you at least $60 per year.
For all of its great rewards, the Costco Credit Card does not offer much interest-rate appeal. Its regular APR is above average for a card that requires excellent credit for approval. There aren’t any low introductory rates, either. So you’d better be ready to pay your bill in full every month if you’re thinking about applying for the Costco Visa Card.
That’s our short scouting report on the Costco Credit Card from Citi. Below, you can find all the other key details you’ll need to decide whether or not to apply.
Costco Credit Card Review Highlights:
- Great rewards for popular spending categories. You will earn 4% cash back on the first $7,000 that you spend on gas each year as well as 3% cash back on travel and dining at restaurants, 2% cash back on Costco purchases and 1% cash back on everything else. Considering the average cash back credit card offers just 1.07%, the Costco Anywhere Visa is a great rewards earner.
- Just for Costco members. It might seem obvious, but it’s still worth mentioning that you must be a Costco member to get the Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi. The good news is you won’t have to worry about paying an annual fee or a foreign fee in addition to Costco dues because the Costco Anywhere Visa Card does not charge them. Furthermore, you can use your card other places than Costco, as it will be accepted anywhere that takes Visa.
- Excellent credit required. You need an excellent credit score to qualify for the Costco Anywhere Visa. You can check your credit score for free on WalletHub before applying if you don’t know where you currently stand.
- Above-average APR. The Citi Anywhere Visa’s regular APR is above the average among credit cards for excellent credit. In other words, if you anticipate carrying a balance, you can find a cheaper card to do it with.
Finally, it’s worth pointing out that you don’t need the Costco Credit Card to shop at Costco. Any Visa card will work.
Spend some time reviewing the last details on the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi.
- Max Late Fee $40
- Max Overlimitfee None
- Max Penalty Apr 29.99% (V)
- Grace Period 23 days
- Online Response Yes
- Cash Advanceapr 25.24% (V)
- Cash Advancefee 5% (min $10)
- Foreigntransaction Fee 0%
- Smart Chip Yes, chip-and-signature
- *No annual fee with your paid Costco membership and enjoy no foreign transaction fees on purchases
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 15.24%. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi's discretion.