Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Fees & APRs
Fees and APRs will vary, always be sure to check with the card issuer.
Dive into the geeky details and see how you reap the benefits.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
Read through our extensive research on the Chase Sapphire Reserve® and see if its the best credit card for you.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve card is one of the best credit cards around, but it also comes with a steep annual fee. If you use a credit card often, the perks this card offers might be hard to ignore. Check out some of the major details below:
- Great initial bonus: If you’re able to spend at least $4,000 within three months of getting your Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, you’ll unlock a 50,000-points initial bonus. That alone can be worth around $750 in travel booked through Chase or $500 in the form of a statement credit.
- Up to 4.5% back on travel and dining: With this card you’ll earn 3 points per $1 spent on travel and dining, which translates to 4.5% cash back when you redeem for travel through Chase. Aside from that, you’ll earn up to 1.5% back on all other purchases.
- Annual fee that’s pricey: Yes, the Sapphire Reserve Card does have some amazing rewards, but the card comes with a eye watering price of $550 per year. So, if you’ll be using this card on a regular basis it can make sense, but for a purchase here and there – not so much.
- $300 worth of annual travel credit: If you’re trying to reason with the Sapphire Reserve Card’s annual fee, you can feel better about it with the perk of $300 in free travel credit each year. As you make travel-related purchases, the credits will automatically be applied to your statement. After you reach the $300 worth of travel credits you will earn 3x point on travel. This is a great perk you for many cardholders, especially those who travel often.
- 3x point on dining at restaurants: Like eating out? This card will get you 3x points on dining at restaurants.
- Get cozy with airport-lounge access: The Chase Sapphire Reserve card enables you to sign up for complimentary Priority Pass Select membership, which gives you access to 1,000+ airport lounges around the world. Membership ordinarily costs at least $99 per year, but this perk only adds value if you actually use it.
- Global Entry or TSA Precheck: Get up to $100 application fee credit for either Global Entry or TSA Precheck.
- Book travel through Chase and get 50% more: When you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards you’ll get 50% more value. So for example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel. Keep in mind this will prevent you from price-shopping on third party sites for airfare and hotel reservations.
The bottom line: The Chase Sapphire Reserve card is one of the highest annual cost cards, but it also has some of the best perks of any credit card. If you use your credit card often, travel, and love eating out at restaurants this card needs to be at the very top of your list.
Spend some time reviewing the last details on the Chase Sapphire Reserve®.
- Max Late Fee See Terms
- Max Overlimitfee See Terms
- Max Penalty Apr None
- Grace Period See Terms
- Online Response No
- Cash Advanceapr 24.99% (V)
- Cash Advancefee Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.
- Foreigntransaction Fee $0
- Smart Chip Yes, chip-and-PIN