Union Plus Credit Card
Fees & APRs
Fees and APRs will vary, always be sure to check with the card issuer.
Dive into the geeky details and see how you reap the benefits.
- Earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn.
- Get rebates and discounts on AT&T, Teleflora, Union Plus Motor Club and Car Rentals.
Read through our extensive research on the Union Plus Credit Card and see if its the best credit card for you.
- Solid rewards. The Capital One Union Plus Credit Card offers a competitive 1.5% Cash Back on all purchases. That’s in the ballpark of what the best cash back credit cards will give you, but most of those offers either have an initial bonus or a slightly higher ongoing earning rate.
- Union pride and hardship grants. You shouldn’t put too much stock in the Union Plus Credit Card’s branding, considering that many credit cards – including all Capital One offers – allow you to customize your card’s image. But the most interesting part of the Union Plus Credit Card is the fact that you will become eligible for $300 to $2,700 in “hardship” grants if your account is in good standing after three months. You can learn more about these grants and their eligibility requirements here.
- No annual fee. The best cash back credit cards don’t charge annual fees. So in that sense, the Union Plus MasterCard is in the conversation. This also makes it easier to justify keeping the card open just for the hardship grants.
- Above-average interest.. The average credit cards for people with good and excellent credit charge 20.68% and 14.08%, respectively, according to WalletHub research. So you’re bound to overpay if you carry a balance from month to month on this card.
- Plenty of other options. If you have the good or excellent credit needed to qualify for the Union Plus Credit Card, you’re also likely to get approved for some of the market’s best rewards credit cards. That’s important to keep in mind even if you do apply for the Union Plus Card, especially if you want it mainly for the protection provided by its hardship grants. If you don’t know where you stand, you can check your credit score for free on WalletHub.
Spend some time reviewing the last details on the Union Plus Credit Card.
- Max Late Fee $38
- Max Overlimitfee None
- Max Penalty Apr None
- Grace Period 25 days
- Online Response No
- Cash Advanceapr 23.99% (V)
- Cash Advancefee 4% (min $10)
- Foreigntransaction Fee 0%
- Smart Chip Yes, chip-and-signature
- After 3 months as a cardholder, you may be eligible for hardship grants like Job Loss Grants, Strike Grants, Disability Grants and Hospital Grants.
- MasterRental® Collision Damage Waiver, Identity Theft Resolution Services and Price Protection.