PenFed Gold Visa® Card
Fees & APRs
Fees and APRs will vary, always be sure to check with the card issuer.
Dive into the geeky details and see how you reap the benefits.
- $100 statement credit after spending $1,500 in purchase transactions within the first 90 days of account opening.
Read through our extensive research on the PenFed Gold Visa® Card and see if its the best credit card for you.
The PenFed Gold Card leaves a lot to be desired, too. For one thing, it does not offer ongoing rewards for each purchase you make. The initial bonus is all you’ll get, rewards-wise. The PenFed Gold Card’s regular APR could also end up being anywhere from very low to above-average for a credit card that requires excellent credit for approval. It all depends on your overall creditworthiness, which largely means your credit history and ability to pay. There’s never a 0% APR for new purchases, however.
Below, you can find more information to help you decide whether or not it’s a good idea to apply for the PenFed Gold Visa Card. And if you’re not sure your credit is good enough to qualify, you can check your latest credit score for free right here on WalletHub.
PenFed Gold Visa Card Review Highlights:
- Annual Fee: $0
- Initial Bonus: $100 for spending $1,500 in the first 90 days
- Promo Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months on balances transferred by March 31, 2021. Followed by a 17.99% balance transfer APR
- Balance Transfer Fee: 3%
- Ongoing Rewards Rate: No ongoing rewards
- Credit Score Requirement: Excellent (750+ credit score)
- Purchase APR: 7.49% - 17.99% (V), depending on creditworthiness
- Penalty APR: 17.99%
- Cash Advance APR: 17.99%
- Cash Advance Fee: None
Finally, it’s worth noting that if you don’t qualify for PenFed membership for free, as a result of working for the military or certain government agencies, there are other ways to become a member.
Spend some time reviewing the last details on the PenFed Gold Visa® Card.
- Max Late Fee $28
- Max Overlimitfee None
- Max Penalty Apr 17.99%
- Grace Period 25 days
- Online Response No
- Cash Advanceapr 17.99%
- Cash Advancefee None
- Foreigntransaction Fee 0%
- Smart Chip Yes, unknown
- 0% promotional rate for 12 months on balance transfers made between now and March 31, 2021. After that, the APR for the unpaid balance and any new balance transfers will be a non-variable rate of 17.99%. 3% balance transfer fee per transaction. Subject to credit approval. If you take advantage of this balance transfer, you will immediately be charged interest on all purchases made with your credit card unless you pay the entire account balance, including balance transfers, in full each month by the payment due date.
- Rate and offers current as of November 1, 2020 and subject to change.
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fee
- No cash advance fees
- Chip and Contactless ‘Tap to Pay’ enabled for added security, ease and convenience at the point of sale
- Click and Pay eligible, via Secure Remote Commerce, so you can enjoy easy and secure online buying checkout
- Purchase variable Rate As Low As 7.49% APR